"You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm."
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Monday, January 26, 2015
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Friday, January 9, 2015
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
I do not really make resolutions; more like goals to aim for.
1) Be healthier. Not lose weight, not diet. Just be healthier. I am going to drop soda except for special occasions and stick to water. I am also hoping to get more exercise. Now that the Muppet is older, it is easier to go to the park and walk/run/play than it used to be.
2) I picked up a copy of the Writer's Devotional when I was looking for a gift for one of my nephews. I am excited about it and hope it gets my creative words flowing again. Each day has it's own thing and then at the end of the year, you have completed it. I started this past Monday (the 5th) since it says to start on a Monday.
- Mondays: Writers on Writing. What the best writers say about the writing process, what their work means to them, and what the works of others mean to them.
- Tuesdays: Motivation. Tips and tricks to help you keep writing, even if you have hit a wall and to help you gain the courage to share your work.
- Wednesdays: Writing Class. Try to write in dozens of different formats and broaden your writing experience.
- Thursdays: Editing. Basically a grammar class once a week.
- Fridays: Biography. What it says it is. The biographies of 52 different authors.
- Saturdays: Books Writers Should Read. Recommendations of 52 books from across the broad spectrum.
- Sundays: Writing Prompt. What it says it is.
I may share some of the above here from time to time.
3) Be a better blogger, both as a writer and a reader.
4) Read 50 books. It is the same goal as last year (which I met), but I feel like to increase the number would be to set myself up for failure considering how much time (rightfully so) my not-so-much-a-baby baby takes up.
5) I would like to bring home another baby. My husband and I are in our fourth cycle of trying to create a sibling for our boys.
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
***This is a proud momma post.***
I feel like I say this every time I post one of these updates, but I cannot fathom where the time has gone. G.T. is 18 months old and it just does not seem possible that I have had him here for a year and a half.
He had his 18 month appointment with the pediatrician on the 19th before we headed to Indiana for the holidays. He was 30 pounds (97th percentile) and 36 inches tall (99th percentile). I cannot remember what his head was, but it was 96th percentile. He has finally started to slow down, though he has stayed on his growth curves.
Those numbers also mean he is the size of your average three year old.
He still does not have many words, though he now at least has a few. The doctor has put in a recommendation for the speech therapist to get in touch with us and evaluate the Muppet and decide whether he needs speech therapy or not. I do not really know how I feel about that right now.
His favorite things to do right now involve lining up all his cars in a perfect line and building with his blocks. He also loves to give hugs and kisses. Dad is still his favorite person in the world, though Momma gets her fair share. He dances every time he hears music and I think his favorite part of the day is when the three of us are cuddled on the couch, reading books before we put him to bed.